Monday, April 4, 2011

Marty, the summit cat

Marty is a Maine Coon mix, with beautiful shiny black fur, green eyes, big feet with at least one extra toe. He is a lot more social this winter than he was in the summer when I first met him. They said he relaxes more in the winter when there aren't bunches of tourists around wanting to take his picture. He has been know to smash a few cameras.



But, Marty has become my buddy this winter. Maybe because I play with him, fluff his food (against the rules), freshen his water (and don't fill the bowl because he loves to splash it out) and I give him good back scratches.

Yesterday he snuck into my room. Also against the rules, much to my disappointment as I had hoped he could sleep with me. Our room doubles as linen storage and it's not good for his dander to get on the linens, in case someone is allergic to cats. But back to him sneaking into my room (and remember I said sneak - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.) He immediately jumped up to my bunk at the top and made himself at home. He especially loved my down sleeping bag and snuggled right down into it. I had a heck of a time evicting him, which neither me nor Marty were happy about.



1 comment:

  1. He is a BEAUTY!!!!! Greg and I both thought at the same time, he's like Gilligan with long hair. I'll bet he thinks you hung the moon, Laura Lee!

    ReplyDelete