Saturday, August 7, 2010

Nice weather at Mt. Washington

Last night, just as I was starting to clean up from dinner, one of the weather observers told me to get on my warm stuff and go to the tower - it was finally clear out. Beautiful red glow along the and a view all the way to Canada. The wind was about 50 mph and I was standing at the top of the tower. Even crazier was about 2 hours earlier when Bob and I went out to the observation deck in 60 mph winds. It really takes some practice to be able to stand up in that wind. It basically sent me across the deck, with my skinning legs trying to keep up. I had to grab a post just to hang on. It was crazy.

Last night it got just below freezing, with a wind chill of about 12 degrees. I actually forgot it was still summer.

Today turned out to be an absolutely beautiful day. We did a hike to Lake of the Clouds. Gotta run finish making dinner. 15 hungry people tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment