Sunday, August 8, 2010

It's about the food

It's amazing how easily Bob and I fell into making a great team for the cooking. We have been alternating nights for the main course, with the other one handling side dishes and dessert. We never even talked about it, just did it. The meals have been a big hit, but last night seemed especially popular: Cuban Black Beans and Rice and Chicken Fajittas. And Bob made some awesome brownies. It was like a big party. I got a big hug from one of the observers, Mike. He said, "I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD!"

We had a beautiful sunset last night. Ryan, the nighttime observer, is going to wake me if we get a nice sunrise - that would be about 4:30 AM. And I should mention, the observatory is always on Eastern Standard Time. So even though I didn't necessarily change time zones, I still had to adjust to an hour's difference.

Marty, the summit cat, is getting more used to me, although he definitely is Mr. Independence. He is not allowed in our bunk rooms, and he especially likes my room. We keep our doors shut, but somehow he snuck in. Found him in there after dinner last night, up in the window. He's a nut.

It's another beautiful day, so I expect we'll do another hike. Seize the day!

l to r: Ryan, nighttime observer, Rebecca, intern, and Mike, observer. In the weather room overlooking the White Mts.
Marty, at work.



Fajittas!



1 comment: